You learn a lot in the space of a year. Some information sticks with you. Some is more fleeting but still important. Some is just funny. Here’s my quick run down of things I’ve learned in the last 12 months.
- There is an important 3rd step to making the most of efficiency savings
- Snapchat is emerging as the most exciting platform for businesses to do innovative marketing.
- #Brexit did cause unforeseen turmoil on stock and currency markets on Referendum Day. Things are only expected to get worse
- If you ask the public to vote on naming anything, be prepared for the funniest, most immature option to win.
- There is an enormous amount of creative expertise available to businesses on Fiverr
- You can do a lot, if not all, of your own PR and marketing if you’re willing to put in the hours. Talk Is Cheap by Leanne Ross is a must read if you want to do this.
- You need to give more than you get.
- British politics is more akin to The Thick of It than anyone ever really imagined.
- People don’t change.
- You should learn to be yourself and not care what other people think. Most of the time, they don’t even notice what you’re doing. Even if they do, there are zero negative consequences to this.
- If you want to be an anomaly, you have to act like one.
- Correlation does not equal causation.
Things I’ve Learned Over The Last 12 Months